I have 3 years agency experience in B2B digital marketing operations, and before that 2 years working client-side in the B2C space. Whether an agency or client-side project, I always endeavour to combine the best ideas and my knowledge to produce results that ensure appeal to the relevant audience.
I enjoy creating campaigns that a brand can use as part of their identity and the adventure that each can bring.
For my portfolio of my work please visit jakebaker.co.uk
Front-End Web Developer
- Customising SaaS platform with bespoke branded templates for clients
- Working on the professional services team to develop custom websites on the etouches SaaS platform
- Working with key clients to fully understand site build and design requirements
- Providing recommendations on site design and web development best practices
- Creating wireframes and sitemaps
- Turning brand guidelines and wireframe into a functional website using the latest HTML and CSS standards
- Customising look & feel using CSS3 and jQuery techniques
- Design and build HTML emails for cross-client compatibility
- Prepare sites by ensuring cross-platform compatibility
- Contribution to internal jQuery module library
As part of the Professional Services team I have built design assets for clients such as Bank Vontobel, Airbus, Danske Bank, Lufthansa, Barclays Bank, Facebook, Mercedes, The Times, Allianz, FIA, YouTube, Mastercard, PwC, Docusign and MetLife
Digital Systems Engineer
- Design & creation of responsive emails, landing pages & microsites that function across all platforms and devices
- Management of multiple instances of Marketing Automation tools
- Building campaign workflows & managing subsequent deployment
As part of the Digital Systems Engineer (DSE) Team I have worked on a large number of design projects, campaigns and templates for a wide variety of clients, with a particular focus on larger and more complicated build projects.
Such accomplishments include: new templates for certain clients along with a comprehensive training session on best practice and how to use them; the design, prototyping and creation of a complex and central webinar library for Intel Security Group; event workflow and related campaign marketing collateral for Canon, Manhattan Associates and Level 3; and the design and build of a Preference Centre for Alfresco, Rally and Acquia. Internally, I have been instrumental in the work on a storefront for customers to purchase the products and services that the company provides, as well as the design work that I have been involved in for our own marketing campaigns.
As a key member of the DSE Team I bring an array of technical knowledge, strong development skills, impressive problem solving abilities, as well as an understanding of design principles, all of which allow me to deliver a very high standard of work.
Digital Campaign Assistant
- Design, creation and testing of HTML marketing emails
- Website updates & Design and implementation of Landing pages
- Email campaign reporting
- Management of company wide email schedule
As a part of the Digital Marketing Team, I reported directly into the Head of Digital Marketing and supported the global marketing team. As a newly created team we were responsible for the fulfilment and scheduling of a range of email marketing campaigns. This was achieved with a new booking system which I was invaluable in creating.
While a technical ability was necessary in the creation of each email campaign, there was also a major element of management and organisation that was required as part of the role. The new booking system allowed many more bookings to take place, and the management of the email schedule was of vital importance. I was able to manage each of the bookings to ensure each could reach the maximum number of customers for their slot, while maintaining that each person receive only 1 marketing email in a 7 day period. No mean feat when the standard month consisted of typically 100 campaigns, across different subject areas and interests.
Through the design and implementation of new html email templates and landing pages I was able to put my technical skills into practice. My time at Palgrave has given me greater experience of working in a team, more understanding when creating and assets within scope and to brand guidelines, and a greater knowledge of online marketing.
Web Content Editor
- Management of Mailchimp including updating existing templates
- Design, build and execution of splash pages and landing pages.
- Design of banners and adverts for conference
- Updating User Guides for site and members areas
As Web Content Editor I reported directly to the head of marketing to ensure that the website was up to date with the latest content; updating existing guides and collateral to the new brand style; launching new areas of the site including private microsites for specific brands to share their documents and knowledge; and the design, build and execution of the marketing landing pages for the Exchange conference.
University of Worcester
- BSc (Hons) Computing (1st Class)
- The Northams Prize for Best Independent Study
King Henry VIII Comprehensive
- A-Level: I.C.T , History, Government & Politics, General Studies, Religious Studies
- GCSE: 11 A* through C, including English, History, Maths & Science